- American Physical Society Sites
- Meetings & Events
- Policy & Advocacy
- Careers In Physics
- About APS
- Become a Member
Check out the schedule of our 2nd and 3rd webinars on Friday, March 20, 2020:
1) GDS Virtual Session - Data Science Education. REGISTER HERE
• 1:00 - 1:04 EST | Welcome!
• 1:04 - 1:40 EST | Devin Silvia - Designing curricula for data science based on fundamental skills and competencies informed by expert interviews
• 1:40 - 2:16 EST | Trevor David Rhone - A beginner’s guide to using data science for physicists
2) GDS Virtual Session - Imaging Short Course. REGISTER HERE
3:00 - 3:05 EST | Welcome!
3:04 - 4:20 EST | Maxim Ziatdinov - Applications of deep learning for active imaging: denoising, drift correction, and deep learning-based feature extraction
4:20 - 5:20 EST | Rama Vasudevan - Learning physics from imaging data: mesoscopic and stochastic systems
We understand this time may not work for all time zones, but please register even if you are not able to attend. We will record the talks (when possible) and send you a link after the session.
You may find the recording to our first webinar on March 13 here:
Stay connected with GDS -- #APSDataScience #gdsvirtual:
Become a GDS member:
Join our Slack Channel:
2020 Annual Meeting of the APS Four Corners Section
October 23-24, 2020
2020 Fall Meeting of the APS Division of Nuclear Physics
October 29-November 1, 2020